Saturday 5 June 2010

New things comming to light! (part III)

The second one is the one I've been more committed to make in the last month.
A door, a doorbell button, a door viewer.
My intentions with this work is to make an interactive piece, that makes the viewer think about his position in space and his relation to cinema situations.
For this I put up the items I announced before, asking the viewer to ring the bell and look through the spyglass.
To complete this I created a Pure Data patch with an Arduino input and a video and audio output.
The video output goes to a 3,5in LCD display on the other side of the door viewer. The sound comes out of a couple of speakers placed in the same area as the LCD.
This patch responds to the door bell. Whenever someone presses the button a random clip plays (from a selection of 50). These clips are taken from movies and all of them are of someone ringing a bell and the triggered situation that follows.
This way I intend to make the viewer see himself as the one that triggers that situation instead of simply being presented with the situation in the passive comfort zone of the theater seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment